Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Sheen and LED Lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble Sheen and LED Lights

Greetings! This is my first post and I want to say that i'm so grateful for all the info i've learned from this site. I bought the T100 test kit and i'm ready to go!....just need to pebble sheen the pool first!
    Does anyone have any pictures of their Pebble Sheen pool lit up at night? We were thinking of Slate Blue or Aqua Blue or French Grey or even Blue Granite. They will all look good in daylight, but does one look better in LED lights? The French Grey is on the lighter side and we thought it would reflect the lights better and the pool would be better "lit" at night?
    Any advice? Any pics?

Thanks so much.

Billy
    16,500 gal IG pool; vinyl liner; 1 HP Pentair pump; Triton II TR 60 sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble Sheen and LED Lights

bump
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I dont have any good night shots of the pool so I'll try and get some tonight for you. Keep in mind I dont have a LED bulb but hopefully it will give you a good idea of what you are looking for.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are those night shots.

2' Powerfall

6. Back To Top    #6

We redid our pool in blue granite last year and I installed a Color Splash 3G LED bulb at the same time. Unfortunately our pool is about 43 feet long and we only have the 1 light at the deep end. A couple things to note:
    - The blue granite has just a hint of aqua/green in the daylight ... probably more noticeable against the dark blue in our tiles. I was hoping for something a little more blue.
    - If you are getting a color changing bulb, do not expect the the red/orange colors to travel very far in the water. While the "white" will sort of light up the shallow end ... it is dark when the light is Red. If you have more than one light or a smaller pool, then it would be less of a problem.

Well, I tried to take some pix, but then the sprinklers came on and I did not have a sturdy place the camera. Very hard to take good pictures at night. I may try again tomorrow.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Please do I would like to see how the LED looks against the Blue Granite.
    2' Powerfall

8. Back To Top    #8

We have the Prism Blue PebbleSheen and IntelliBrite LED's. I will try to take some pictures tonight.
    I think it looks great but wait and see.
    22000 gallon IGP, 820 sqft, SWG - IC60, infinity edge spa, Pentair Quad DE 100, 3 x Pentair Intelliflow 4x160 pumps (one for circulation + one for spa + one for sheer descents), spa with 8 jets + 4 leg jets, air blower, Pentair EasyTouch 8 remote, Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa, Pentair Master Temp 400,000 btu heater, 4 sheer descents (2x2', 2x6'), limestone coping and decking, Pebblesheen Prism Blue

Useful links:
    Pool Chemistry
    Chlorine reactions

9. Back To Top    #9

OK, I shot a few pictures this afternoon and just now after dark.

We looked at many pools before we decided and the final two were Ocean Blue and Prism Blue. They are very close but Ocean Blue seem a bit more gray in the shallow water. Blue Granite seemed very gray and frankly a bit boring compared to the others in our opinion.

Anyways, here are a few pictures.....

5 ft water, pump running, sunshine

Very shallow (6"), sitting bench and deep end 6-7'

At night

At night - deep end main drains at 7'

Shallower end 3-5' + steps
    22000 gallon IGP, 820 sqft, SWG - IC60, infinity edge spa, Pentair Quad DE 100, 3 x Pentair Intelliflow 4x160 pumps (one for circulation + one for spa + one for sheer descents), spa with 8 jets + 4 leg jets, air blower, Pentair EasyTouch 8 remote, Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa, Pentair Master Temp 400,000 btu heater, 4 sheer descents (2x2', 2x6'), limestone coping and decking, Pebblesheen Prism Blue

Useful links:
    Pool Chemistry
    Chlorine reactions

10. Back To Top    #10

Friendswood, that is nice! Most finishes look good during the day but at night the bottoms really show the imperfections and finishes don't look that great. But yours is probably the best one I have seen!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks a lot for the nice words, maxepr. I also think the plaster company did a nice job.
    I clearly remember how hard the plaster color decision was for us so I just wanted to try to give something back to this great website and post pictures of the finished product.
    As many of you know, colors during the day vary greatly depending on shade, angle of viewing etc but at night it always looks the same (assuming the water is clean.....)

Useful links:
    Pool Chemistry
    Chlorine reactions

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks for all the replies and the fantastic pictures. jblauert, knowing that the red/orange color spectrum will not travel very far is really helpful in making our decision. I think we are going to go with Aqua Blue or French Grey Pebble Sheen at this point. We just need to go see those colors in person now!

13. Back To Top    #13

I am still going to work on getting some pictures up (maybe a video?) this weekend when I have more time.

While the red spectrum travel is limited ... the variety of blue and green colors is pretty nice. One of the color changing shows just fades between the blues and greens which is pretty nice. The red is kind of interesting just in how creepy it kind of looks.

I will say too that the white generated by the color bulb that I have (can not speak for all the color LEDs) is created by lighting up all the colored LEDs ... I do not think it has any white LEDs. As such, it is likely not as bright as a strictly white LED light fixture.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

That's an interesting point, as our LED will be multi-colored, and the way it makes white is to light them all.

15. Back To Top    #15

Which color is this? I am looking at Pebble Sheen also
    Quote Originally Posted by friendswoodnewbie
    Very shallow (6"), sitting bench and deep end 6-7'
    I want something to match my terra cotta deck.

Our almost white plaster is ugly, boring, and stained.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

16. Back To Top    #16

Robbie,
    All the pictures are from my pool which is PebbleSheen Prism Blue. It seems Ocean Blue is very close. We also like the shiny abalone shells (hard to see in this picture).
    I don't know if it will match your decking but it actually has a few red specks as well (you can only see them when you get really close).

Useful links:
    Pool Chemistry
    Chlorine reactions

17. Back To Top    #17

Hi! Just joined today! We live in Friendswood too. Crews are doing steel today and I'm stressing over pebble sheen colors. I love your pictures but would love to see in person!! Decorative pools has never done prism blue...just lots of aqua blue and blue granite. I don't like either of those. How's your color look a few years later???? Thanks

18. Back To Top    #18

We installed our pool in Apirl of this year and have a Prism Blue Pebble Sheen Finish with the Hayward LED lights.
    IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3246.JPG
    Inground 30,000 gallon Chlorine Pool/Spa with a Pebble Sheen
    Finish Hayward Omni Logic Wireless Controls
    Hayward 3HP VSP, Hayward 1.5 HP pump Waterfall, Hayward 1.5 HP Booster Pump
    Haward 400,000 BTU Heater, Hayward Cartridge filter,
    Polaris 280 Automatic cleaner

19. Back To Top    #19

i chose to get 2 smaller led fixtures as opposed to one big one. i kind of wish i'd gotten 3 small ones for the pool, or 1 big and 1 small. its pretty bright and looks cool, but its nowhere near as bright as a regular incandescent bulb. the brightest color is light blue because that is an leds native color. the blue really shows up bright in pictures but isnt so bright to swim in imo. just a thought. [IMG][/IMG]
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

20. Back To Top    #20

Trying to judge pool finish colors is VERY difficult online. Everyone will have different lights at different places. Further, at least for PebbleSheen, the depth of the water make a HUGE difference in how the color looks, too. Trying to look at two different monitors...can look a lot different there, too. The angle of the camera, the location of the sun, the kind of camera...all can make a difference. So keep all that in mind as you look at the pictures posted.

I have PebbleSheen Blue Granite. In shallow water (like steps), it is a light grey. At the deep end, it is a nice blue. My lights are simple white LED. I will take some pics during the day and at night and update my post in this thread. This is just a placeholder and a reminder for me.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast