help with new hayward ec75a

Roob

May 31, 2011
just got rid of star-clear cartridge filter to new Hayward EC75A perflex D.E. and filter seems to be functioning properly, just one question. When I stop filter and function bump handle to regenerate D.E. and restart filter it appears that D.E. is coming out of return for about 30 seconds or so before clearing up. is this normal? am I missing something? Filter defective? any insight would be greatly appreciated
Roob

16x36 igp

Welcome to TFP!

DE should not come out of the returns ever, but you might get a small cloud of extremely fine dust. If you have a multi-port valve you can avoid this by running on rinse for 30 seconds before switching to filter. If you don't have a multi-port valve there is no way to completely avoid this.

Thanks much for the info, pool is becoming clearer so it must be working, once its crystal clear I think I will do a complete cleaning of the filter and check the internals. The water is clean but lots of sediment (used the porous looplock over the winter, big mistake)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.