Dust on the bottom keeps coming back

May 27, 2011
Richardson, Texas
Split off of this topic. JasonLion

I am having the exact same problems as well. I was already planning on getting a Sand/SWCG combo filter pump in the next week or two. When I do get that will it be able to pick up the stirred up sand or will the vacuum be able to work more proficiently with the stronger pump? What would be the best way to attack this? In the meantime is there anything that can be done?

I just answered the other post so I will add my answer to this post also.
Even with my set up I still get all the fine silt in the pool also. The winds have been terrible lately. There are two ways I know of to get rid of the fine silt on the bottom of the pool.
1: Since the silt is heavy and falls back to the bottom fairly quickly you need to keep brushing the pool to keep the silt suspended in the water. The pump will filter it out but will take a long time to do so.
2: The Sand Filter/Pump has enough power to use a manual vacuum and it works quit well but you have to make sure you don't distrub the silt to much while vacuuming. You will need to backwash the filter a few times during the process to keep the vac pressure up.

I vacuum mine once a week and have no problems keeping my pool cleam and clear.

:cheers:

crookm11 are you using the vacuum head from the deluxe kit or you using a better one? The one that came with mine seems a little cheesy to what I am use to when I had a in-ground pool.

I bought a Zappy pool cleaner to run at night in hopes to pick up some of it or at least keep it stirred up. Needless to say it doesn't work at all, I can't even get it to go. So I am going to take it back.

Of course this is my own fault because I was rushing. I had to take it down and re-level the pool just days after first setting it up. During take down some sand got in it. So instead of getting my wet/dry vac out and cleaning the bottom first and wiping the bottom down good before refilling it. I just filled it up and told myself I would get it later with the vac. It's not much, but just enough to be a eye sore and annoy me...LoL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.