Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green to Clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Green to Clean

I thought the board might like to see another success story. I have been a member since 07. Using this site I never had issues until this year when my cover sank. I had a real mess but the information here, 3 weeks of POP and $80 in chemicals - I'm swimming now.
    Thank you.

The pics are from 5/7, 5/14, and 5/29.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/bk ... 18_749.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/bk ... 40_760.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/bk ... 21_829.jpg
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green to Clean

Wow! That's awesome!!! Great job!

I have to admit, before I found this site, I would have thought a pool like that was not salvageable.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ha, I just read a post below, I did not know there was a product called 'Green to Clean'. I did NOT use it to clear my pool. 12% Bleach, 3 lbs of CYA, about 15 backwashes and elbow grease did the trick.
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Pentair WFDS-6

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I did NOT use it to clear my pool. 12% Bleach, 3 lbs of CYA, about 15 backwashes and elbow grease did the trick.
    Nice work, Brian. You are a true BBB'r in that you used the knowledge you have gained and some testing and chlorine and will have a sparkling pool the rest of the summer.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

What I am most impressed by is the fact that it only cost you $80!!! My pool is about the same size as yours, was not quite as green, and over the past week I have spent about $136. 2 25lb bags of DE. 15lbs of granular shock. 16 gallons of liquid shock.

Looks great!
    Cleveland, Ohio
    IG 36,000 gallons. Vinyl Liner, Hayward ProGrid 3620 DE Filter, Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Gas Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

That could be why Lisa. It sounds like you are buying pool store products instead of grocery store items. I will say that when I had to shock my pool hard, I did buy Cal Hypo from the pool store because it would have taken far too many bottles of Clorox to get my pool to shock level and hold it there, plus I was low on calcium hardness anyway.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

I should also thank Duraleigh (Dave at TFTestKits) for their fast delivery and reasonable prices. You guys rock. (Even when I'm tired and order the wrong stuff. )
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Pentair WFDS-6

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice Job!
    Lori
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter
    15 X 30 Above Ground Pool (10,600 Gallons)