Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Think I added to much bleach!

1. Back To Top    #1

Think I added to much bleach!

I think I tested with the R003 reagent this am instead of the R0600. I have been shocking, and I use the drop test first to dry and save my other reagents. Shock level is 10 and I was at 10 about 930 pm last night. Checked it about 930 this am and got 1. So I added enough bleach to reach 10 and then realized I probably used the wrong reagent. I thought it was odd it was so low, but had other things on my mind. My cya was not registering on sunday and I haven't had a chance to add any since my mom has been in the hospital. I backwashed and am in the process of adding water.

Question #1 If damage is done, will it just bleach my liner or can it cause pump damage also?
    Question #2 Any other suggestions?

I brushed the sides and bottom, as I have been working on clearing algae, my water is a light blue/grey.

Thank you!
    16 x 32 AG Fanta Sea 13,500 gal/ Hayward Sand Filter/ 1 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Think I added to much bleach!

Probably no harm done and there's not much to do about it by now, anyway. It won't harm your pump.

Go forward from here and test, dose, and measure accurately but you know that already.

I can tell you I have done worse and gotten away with it. (not even money will allow me to reveal the extent or frequency of my early errors.....well, how much money are we talkin' about? )
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't feel bad.... my neighbor poured 8 and 1/2 gallons of 12% liquid shock into their 24' AGP yesterday as their way of saying they were "shocking" it. On the interesting side, their pool did turn a wild shade of brownish orange this morning.
    24' Round Above Ground
    15,000 Gallons
    Hayward Pro Series 100 Lbs Sand Filter
    Hayward Power Flo LX 1hp Pump
    8 gallon Liquidator 3/8
    BBB Method

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the reply Duraleigh! Feel better now. It is suppose to be 90 and sunny again here today so hopefully the sun will help!
    16 x 32 AG Fanta Sea 13,500 gal/ Hayward Sand Filter/ 1 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

5. Back To Top    #5

Just retested and I'm at 12.5, so hopefully no damage. It will give me time to run to the hospital. OMG mrnick0483, now I don't feel so bad! The one good thing about this midlife brain I now have, is I get to blame everything on it.
    1 skimmer 1 main drain