Pentair VS 3050 not working

Sep 11, 2008
Oceanside, CA
My VS 3050 for my waterfall decides not to work on this beautiful Memorial Day when the kids go for a swim. :rant: It's been working fine ever since we had it, til now.

At the indoor control panel, when I push the button for the waterfall to come on, the LED lights up as it should but the pump doesn't come on. Going through the menu at the indoor control panel it says Intelliflo Status: No Communication

So I go outside to check the communication cable from the pump to the Intellitouch Center. The connector at the pump seems to be on tight and the cables in the load center is screwed in tight. The breaker is on, but I turned it off and on again just to reset it. But the green LED on the pump's control panel is off, but it should be on if the breaker is on. If I press the start stop buttons, no LED's come on. It should be green for on and red for off. But I get no light at all. I haven't had a chance to check for voltage at the breaker or at the pump. Hopefully I can check that tomorrow.

Anyone experienced this before?

Yea, check for AC power at the pump. If there isn't power there, check for AC at the pump circuit breaker. You might have a bad circuit breaker, or you might have been looking at the wrong breaker and the pump breaker is actually tripped.

I finally got a chance to check voltage. The load side of the breaker has 240 volts.

Before checking for voltage at the pump, I decided to check the communication connection at the pump again, and it seemed tight. I turned the breaker off and unscrewed the communication connection to look at the connector pins and they looked fine. I screwed it back in, turned the breaker on, and the green LED at the pump came on. I checked the indoor panel, and the status said Normal. So I turned the pump on from the indoor panel and it works!

I don't know, maybe the connector wasn't seated right? I'm just glad it's working again! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.