Cloudy water coming out after backwash

You might get a better answer from someone more knowledgeable.....but if I don't rinse after backwashing, cloudy water comes out of the jets. I always rinse until I see the water is clear....sometimes that takes 30 seconds, other times it can take 2 minutes.....

Maybe I'm not understanding your post. When I finish backwashing, I then rinse. While rinsing I can see the water going through a clear glass....the water going through that glass is cloudy and then when rinsed good, the water turns clear. Once I see the clear water, I set the pump back to "filter"...if I've misunderstood you, I sincerely apologize.

Something I learned here about the backwash/rinse cycle and which has made a big difference, is:

1. Set to backwash. Catch some waste water in a white container (I use a white plastic pitcher). When the waste water is clean set to rinse.

2. Rinse for 30 seconds.

3. Do another backwash is you have plenty of water in the pool. I do this after a good rain when water is free.

4. Rinse again for 30 seconds.

You need to do the rinse cycle immediately after a backwash. It's part of the backwash process.

Anna

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.