Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water coming out after backwash

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water coming out after backwash

Is this common after doing a backwash and Rinse... it happens only for like 3-4 secs then water after that is crystal clear....

2. Back To Top    #2

You might get a better answer from someone more knowledgeable.....but if I don't rinse after backwashing, cloudy water comes out of the jets. I always rinse until I see the water is clear....sometimes that takes 30 seconds, other times it can take 2 minutes.....

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yeah I should have waited longer I guess for it to clear up before I do a rinse...vice versa..

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe I'm not understanding your post. When I finish backwashing, I then rinse. While rinsing I can see the water going through a clear glass....the water going through that glass is cloudy and then when rinsed good, the water turns clear. Once I see the clear water, I set the pump back to "filter"...if I've misunderstood you, I sincerely apologize.

5. Back To Top    #5
    What kind of filter do you have?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6
    Something I learned here about the backwash/rinse cycle and which has made a big difference, is:

1. Set to backwash. Catch some waste water in a white container (I use a white plastic pitcher). When the waste water is clean set to rinse.

2. Rinse for 30 seconds.

3. Do another backwash is you have plenty of water in the pool. I do this after a good rain when water is free.

4. Rinse again for 30 seconds.

You need to do the rinse cycle immediately after a backwash. It's part of the backwash process.

Anna
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

7. Back To Top    #7

Jasonlion

I have a Purex Triton Tagelus