Intex 18' x 42" is up and filling!

reagan

May 23, 2011
NE Ohio
First off, I want to thank everyone here at TFP. I have done an extensive amount of research over the past few weeks, and the information here was paramount to us putting up this pool!

And now for pictures... (click for larger photos)

Leveling pool area

Four tons of sand

Starting layout

Hottest day of the year... and we're humping sand!

How's that for nice work?

Perfectly level!

Filling the first couple of inches! (Next time, we'll straighten out with less water. We have no creases, but man was it a pain!)

Just need to get the pump and filters in place, which we'll do tomorrow.

Again, thank you everyone. You've been so amazingly helpful. I know I'll be back with BBB questions, but for now, I'll bask in the joy of knowing that our pool is UP and we'll be in it very, very soon!

Great Job on the install. :goodjob: How are you going to do the plumbing?

Here is my plumbing on a 24'.
pooldeck35.jpg

:cheers:

Here is my plumbing on a 24'.
:shock:

Um, wow, that's AMAZING. In fact, I'm not sure I'm going to show my husband, because he will most likely start muttering to himself about return lines and 3/4" pipe and elbows. He replumbed our entire house five years ago; he knows more than enough to be dangerous! :wink:

Honestly, I think this season we're just going to use the basic Intex setup, see what we like/don't like, and come up with a more effective system next year. The next thing on his list is to do a DIY solar heater... like this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.