Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning the cover

1. Back To Top    #1
    Katy, Tx

Cleaning the cover

I can clean the cover, condition it, and yet two days later it looks like a car from a junk yard. I have so much pollen and gunk on it. Whats your thoughts on using a car wax, maybe one that you mix in the water? Or any other thoughts on cleaning and protecting my cover?

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Cleaning the cover

Not too sure about car products on the cover. I do have customers that use it, but remember it is vinyl. One thing I found that does work well is a product called "Jack's Magic Spa Cover Wipes". It's like a Armor All for the cover. Creates a protective layer. Can be used as often as needed. There are lots of stuff out there, but I kind of like the simplicity oif this one. Keep in mind, this is my opinion.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Cleaning the cover

Lexol Vinylex has been working great on mine.
    Pool: PebbleSheen; Pentair WhisperFlo 1.5hp; Pentair IntelliChlor IC40; Paramount PV3 in-floor cleaning; Pentair CCP420 cartridge filter; Polaris PowerFall 48" sheer descents (2); 8000 gal
    Spa: L.A. Spas San Juan; ozone; 386 gal