Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Bleach

I have two jugs of outdoor bleach that I would like to dilute. The bottles do not state the percentage chlorine. How much should I use to get a 96 oz. bottle of 6% bleach? 12% would be good too.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Outdoor Bleach

Outdoor bleach is not the same as regular bleach or liquid pool chlorine. It is already in the neighborhood of 6% sodium hypochlorite, but contains thickening agents and other cleaners as well.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

You don't want to use it. Clorox outdoor bleach has additives, a thickener and "metal protection". Neither are things you are likely to want in the pool. I suggest you stick with the Clorox regular or a generic bleach without added features.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for saving me a lot of grief.

5. Back To Top    #5

Flower Mound, TX

Quote Originally Posted by ptblues2
    Thank you for saving me a lot of grief.
    Good question and that is why we are here.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT