Once Again, A GREAT BIG THANKS!

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
Happy pool season everyone :party: Just stopping in to tell everyone who got me through my fisrt season after my conversion a great big THANK YOU!! I bought a new winter cover last year, the kind that lets the water seep through, and although it is much easier to take on and off, it lets everything else in also. I opened this year with green water, leaves, tadpoles, etc, but thanks to everyone's help and info, I had my pool opened and swimmable in just 2 days. Just a little patience and a lotta bleach, and it WILL happen. So, I just wanted to give my little testimonial and wish everyone a safe and happy pool season. :cheers:

Thankfully I found this site shortly after we had our pool installed last Aug. In short order, I realized that the crummy little test kit the pool company gave me was terribly inadequate (no CYA or CH test). After obtaining a proper kit and some well spent time on this site, my pool maintenance time and expense has been minimal. In the 9 months since the install, this is all I've had to add to keep my water crystal clear.

80 lbs of salt ( 40 lbs on 2 occasions)
15 lbs calcium
4 lbs baking soda
2.5 lbs CYA (1.75lbs on 2 occasions)

Keeping the pool and filters clean, water testing 3 times a week, proper amount of pump time and SWCG output certainly has worked. I follow the recommendations on salt pool water balance, and try to be pro-active on anticipating heavier than normal bather load when possible.

It's certainly worked for me, unlike several friends who are always chasing their tails since they use the pool store for testing and chemicals (I'm trying to convert them).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.