Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Once Again, A GREAT BIG THANKS!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fairmont, WV

Once Again, A GREAT BIG THANKS!

Happy pool season everyone Just stopping in to tell everyone who got me through my fisrt season after my conversion a great big THANK YOU!! I bought a new winter cover last year, the kind that lets the water seep through, and although it is much easier to take on and off, it lets everything else in also. I opened this year with green water, leaves, tadpoles, etc, but thanks to everyone's help and info, I had my pool opened and swimmable in just 2 days. Just a little patience and a lotta bleach, and it WILL happen. So, I just wanted to give my little testimonial and wish everyone a safe and happy pool season.
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Once Again, A GREAT BIG THANKS!

Great job! It's always great to hear feedback like yours. This is what we are about.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

SC Lowcountry

Thankfully I found this site shortly after we had our pool installed last Aug. In short order, I realized that the crummy little test kit the pool company gave me was terribly inadequate (no CYA or CH test). After obtaining a proper kit and some well spent time on this site, my pool maintenance time and expense has been minimal. In the 9 months since the install, this is all I've had to add to keep my water crystal clear.

80 lbs of salt ( 40 lbs on 2 occasions)
    15 lbs calcium
    4 lbs baking soda
    2.5 lbs CYA (1.75lbs on 2 occasions)

Keeping the pool and filters clean, water testing 3 times a week, proper amount of pump time and SWCG output certainly has worked. I follow the recommendations on salt pool water balance, and try to be pro-active on anticipating heavier than normal bather load when possible.

It's certainly worked for me, unlike several friends who are always chasing their tails since they use the pool store for testing and chemicals (I'm trying to convert them).
    Viking Laguna 14K IG , Smart Pure SWCG, SwimClear C5520 Cartridge Filter, TriStar 1.5HP, SmartControl PLP4 controller.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Great job! It's always great to hear feedback like yours. This is what we are about.
    Ditto! And a Happy Swim season to you, too, Pepsiholic!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!