Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: On the fence of a swg looking at a Goldine Aquatrol Salt Chl

1. Back To Top    #1

On the fence of a swg looking at a Goldine Aquatrol Salt Chl

Looking at this model. Goldine Aquatrol Salt Chlorinator Above-Ground Pools up to 18k gal. 115v (AQ-TROL-RJ)
    I want to add it inline of my system. I will hard pipe my pvc when my new heater arrives. Is this plug and play? No hidden you need a cell for this too?
    Thanks much
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: On the fence of a swg looking at a Goldine Aquatrol Salt

If you want to mount the cell in-line, get the AQ-Trol-HP. The RJ model is for mounting directly to the return fitting. Both of those include the control box and the cell and use standard plugs. There is a different version, append -TL, that works with twist lock plugs.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought the Aquatrol RJ, the return jet option. No surprises, no hidden options. It mounts vertically directly to the return jet & installs very easily. It doesn't have a flow switch, nor does it need one. I've had mine running for about a week & so far I really like it. Just wish I'd installed it years earlier. Check in the Lifetime supporters section. There's a supplier that will give you a discount. Look for the SWCG thread for the Aquatrol. Email them & they should get right back to you. Mine was $419 with free shipping.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12

4. Back To Top    #4

We put in the IG version, bigger cell. Love it.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all, I ordered and read the ps about this. I don't see anywhere about copper. Do i have to remove all copper before running it? I plan on doing multiple small changes like say 1/8th at a time 3-4 times this summer then a 1/4 at pool closing and 1/4 to 1/3 at next years opening
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

6. Back To Top    #6

BTW my copper is 4 ppm, I am doing a small WC as i type.

7. Back To Top    #7

Anybody know about the copper? I am still removing green,blue stuff from the water column. I flocced yesterday and vacced today, Will do this a couple more times and it should be gone by monday. Just have the copper to contend with. Done with changing about 8 inches of water and will do waterchanges bi weekly.
    The SWCG will be here monday and i'll install it friday or saturday.

8. Back To Top    #8

never mind copper is about 1 ppm now. Found some salt test strips.