Adding two new inlet/outlet holes to Intex pool

May 30, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Hi - I have 18 x 52" Intext pool; Has anyone cust brand-new holes into their pool to use for additional inlet/outlets? I have searched and can only find examples of enlarging exisintg holes or adding new one for skimmer (which looks to be well supported with screws).

I want to add a second pump system as my solar mat panels take too much of the pressure off of the system if I combine (my Hayward vaccuum doesn't have enough power when in single system). When I run only my Intext sand filter the vaccuum works great. When I add the panels not enough pressure. I even tried to use my extra Intex 4000 gph pump but it can't handle the throttling action of the solar mats.

Anyways - have anyone out there added the two new holes? I'm somewhat concerned to cut the liner for this.

I will be either using my extra 4000 or 1000 gph. I have my new sand filter on the other system. ( will be dumping one of the pumps on craigslist eventually). I think the 1000 will get me enough to push water through the mats. The 4k works np.

I will be using the standard inlet outlet connectors in the new holes (if anyone can recommend that I actually make the cut).

my question is why don't you have a shut off to your solar system. one it shouldn't run at night and i would never try vacuming with it! just install a ball valve in the line and shut down the system when you vacune. it's only for a half hr. or so your not gonna lose that much heat.

But thinking about it I would still prefer a separate system for the solar panels. The panels really throttle down the power of the sand filter, which means the filtering is reduced. Without them connected right now the sand filter is ripping through the pool and the water has never looked better.

So still woondering if anyone has done this; added two new inlet/outlets.

I added an additional inlet to my pool. So now I have a 1 1/2 inch outlet, a regular AGP skimmer and 2 inlets (1 at 6" below water level and 1 at 32" under water level). I used all standard 1 1/2 inch pool fittings hooked up to 2" PVC plumbing. I reinforced all the inlets and outlets on both sides of the pool with shower pan vinyl. Probably overkill, but I would rather be safe than sorry. (my high school tech director said of my design and build of a chicken coup for the play Oklahoma that 2 students had to sit on was "You could drive a Mac truck over that and it wouldn't even flex") Hopefully I will be getting the pool up this week, I will take pics of my current setup and post them.

Thanks for that info; can you tell me - did you cut the new inlets before you reinforced? Did you do all this with water in the pool? I'm concerned that the water pressure will cause any cut I make to become a game-over rip.

Would love to see the shots of what you did with the inlets... Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.