Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wall foam

1. Back To Top    #1

Wall foam

Is their any other option for wall foam like from Lowes or something? or does it have to be wall foam!!!!
    Lawrenceville, GA
    24 FT Doughyboy AGP, Cicrcupool RJ20 SWG, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Wall foam

I have seen MANY pools go up without it. It's not an absolute necessity, but not always recommended by all installers.. I will just state my findings, but not going to say it's the rule or not.> Sorry.. I can just say waht we did.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

We looked for something similar to the wall foam sold for pools, any alternative that work work in the same way. We just could not find it. Like Insomnix said, you don't need it but I'm here to tell you that we have had without, and with our last liner replacement we added it - MUCH nicer and even though it may be incrimental, I do believe it adds a bit of insulation property. I'm glad we added it this time around.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

Western North Carolina

Some of the foam padding that goes under floating laminate flooring is the same as wall foam. You should be able to find it at Lowes or Home Depot. The biggest issue you will have is the width. I think most of it is only 36"s or so. I hope this helps.
    24' X 52" AGP - On a concrete slab with 1" Dow blue foam board bottom.
    2Hp 2 speed Waterways pump/Cart. Filter.
    Hard Plumbed 20' away
    Deck 1/3 around pool
    Pool Rover Jr.
    DIY project

5. Back To Top    #5

I used a polystyrene. It made a nice addition to the feel of the wall and bottom. It was my first pool install and my friends and family are quite impressed with the feel and comfort , I recessed the pool so my walls feel so much more solid vs spongy.
    18'x33'x52" AGP / recessed w/ Hayward 1.5 hp &150 gpm Hayward Extreme cartridge filter , wide mouth skimmer . TF100 test kit.
    Breaux Bridge La.