Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cc may have climbed a bit

1. Back To Top    #1

cc may have climbed a bit

we are raising our CYA in prep for installing the SWG.

Just tested my numbers:

FC: 3.5
    CC: .5-1 ?
    TC: 4.5
    PH: 7.3 (increase in CYA dropped it to 7.2, raising it back up with aeration)
    CH: 220
    CYA: 50 (will raise it to 70 for SWG)

My question is on the CC. It was a questionable test. I was essentially clear with 1 drop so that is my .5, but it seemed crystal clear with 2 drops. Should I just retest it in a bit? Pool looks great.
    20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cc may have climbed a bit

Oh, forgot:

TA: 60
    20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

3. Back To Top    #3

Your FC level is marginal for a CYA of 50, it should really be 4 or higher. Slightly low FC levels are the most common time for CC to come up. Try raising FC to the high end of the recommended range, give it several hours, and test CC again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Geez, I forgot to adjust the FC to go with the higher cya! Thanks for the thump to the side of this newbies head!
    Camas, WA

5. Back To Top    #5

well, my cc is definitely up to 1. I tested last night and again this morning. my FC is holding steady at 7, my CYA at 50. Pool looks great, no foul smell, clear etc.

So, what does one do when the cc goes up to 1 and stays there? Do i shock to 24 until the cc's come down again?
    Camas, WA

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, time to shock. Shock level plus sunlight should take care of it quickly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

ok, thanks!
    Camas, WA