Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-install of Hayward 4.2 Chlorine Feeder CL-110

1. Back To Top    #1

Re-install of Hayward 4.2 Chlorine Feeder CL-110

Well we've got the 24' round pool we took down 10 years ago back up and water is flowing. Now we're working on the pump, filter and chlorinator.

I have been searching the web for an installation manual for the CL-110 clorinator to make sure we got the connections right.

Does anyone know what connects where and to what. We've guess, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!!!

27 ft round AG/ 52" depth. Northeast Ohio

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Re-install of Hayward 4.2 Chlorine Feeder CL-110

The inlet goes between the pump and the filter, and the outlet goes after the filter, between the filter and the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Re-install of Hayward 4.2 Chlorine Feeder CL-110

I do NOT agree with unfiltered water going into the chlorinator I know it's the way that they say to do it, but I disagree IMHO they say that so, if the filter is too congested to pass water through, there won't be a 'back-up' of chlorinated water in the unit, with no flow.

More on this, if anyone cares to pursue this topic
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)