Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: white spot on bottom liner after shock?

1. Back To Top    #1

white spot on bottom liner after shock?

Hi all

i shock 3 times last weeks and the pool finally clear i can see the bottom now. But the problem is i can see some big white spot (here and there) on my liner.. i think i shock the pool and the chemical is not dissolve and cause this problem, is this something i need to worry or need to change my liner soon? is there a way to fix this? liner only 3 years old and 30' above ground pool

thanks in advance,

Homer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: white spot on bottom liner after shock?

It's probably where the powdered chlorine sat on the liner. Not much you can do but brush it to make sure it's all dissolved and off the liner. You should either dissolve powdered chemicals before adding them or stick with liquid.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

i try to brush and vacuum it and still there i think the chemical bleach them out. The original liner is blue. Usually i walk around the pool and to shock it (i think that is the properly way right?) pool store tell me that

how do you shock your above ground pool?

4. Back To Top    #4

I use bleach, but almost never shock my pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

should i replace the liner? or is there a patch can be fix? although the liner only 3 years old and how much its cost to get professional install? average

Thanks advance,

Homer

6. Back To Top    #6

The cost of replacing the liner varies quite a bit. An in-ground pool might cost around $3000, while an above ground will be significantly less.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School