Solar cover question

Jul 22, 2009
Opened my pool a few weeks earlier due to ripped winter cover. Put on the solar cover to keep some of the debris out of the pool.

When I took off the solar cover all of the bubbles are popped. Strange. Will the cover still work or do I need a new cover?

Get a new one. If the bubbles are popped, you will probably begin to find little parts of cover in your skimmer

There is very little insulation provided by the pool cover so if the bubbles are popped and it still floats on top of the water I think its fine. Over 70%(the exact number is debatable of course) of heat is lost due to evaporation and as long as the cover is still in one piece it will continue to inhibit evaporation.

If the cover is beginning to drop little parts, yes, it won't be long until the base fabric begins to tear and so then I would order a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.