Details on installing peristaltic chlorine pump

Feb 9, 2011
Central Texas
I have a pump and 15 gal container on order and I am looking for details on how to install the pump. I am specifically concerned about tapping into the pvc after the heater. What size bit, tap and what fittings to buy? Do the fittings need to be made from a specific material? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You need a 1/4" pipe tap and the corresponding drill size. The drill size is usually stamped on the shank of the tap. It takes a 7/16" drill.
If you bought the Stenner pump it comes with all the fittings you need to hook it up.

Had a warranty issue with our aquacal heat pump. The repair guy was actually very complimentary and happy with how we have our chemical injection system setup. Post-heater was his key argument. He said if I still had my LQ hooked with chemicals entering before the heater he would have denied our warranty coverage. I probably could have escalated. Something to think about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is what I ended up doing. Wired it to a relay in the ET8. I screwed it up at first as I wired the common to the bus bar. The GFCI did not like that. Had to pig tail it to the landscape lights that were on that breaker and we are all good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.