Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Details on installing peristaltic chlorine pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Details on installing peristaltic chlorine pump

I have a pump and 15 gal container on order and I am looking for details on how to install the pump. I am specifically concerned about tapping into the pvc after the heater. What size bit, tap and what fittings to buy? Do the fittings need to be made from a specific material? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Details on installing peristaltic chlorine pump

You need a 1/4" pipe tap and the corresponding drill size. The drill size is usually stamped on the shank of the tap. It takes a 7/16" drill.
    If you bought the Stenner pump it comes with all the fittings you need to hook it up.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Any reason this would void a new pool warranty? I suppose I should contact the PB just in case
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't imagine how it could possibly void any warranty. It's no different than installing an offline chlorinator.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Talked to the PB and he said there would be no warranty issues.

6. Back To Top    #6

Had a warranty issue with our aquacal heat pump. The repair guy was actually very complimentary and happy with how we have our chemical injection system setup. Post-heater was his key argument. He said if I still had my LQ hooked with chemicals entering before the heater he would have denied our warranty coverage. I probably could have escalated. Something to think about.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

7. Back To Top    #7

It is going in after the tab feeder. There is a check valve before the tab feeder.

8. Back To Top    #8

One more question. Anyone hardwiring the pump? Did you just snip the end of the cord off and wire it to the timer/relay?

9. Back To Top    #9

Yep, just cut the plug off, strip the wires, and connect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by loweran
    One more question. Anyone hardwiring the pump? Did you just snip the end of the cord off and wire it to the timer/relay?
    Yes, that is how I did mine, wired to the pool pump timer.
    Chris A.
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide | 1.25HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump & 13 gallon carboy (BBB) | Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator (used on pool startup) | TF-100 | 2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

11. Back To Top    #11

That is what I ended up doing. Wired it to a relay in the ET8. I screwed it up at first as I wired the common to the bus bar. The GFCI did not like that. Had to pig tail it to the landscape lights that were on that breaker and we are all good.