Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help with shocking green pool

1. Back To Top    #1

help with shocking green pool

new to the forum been on the site for 3 years. i have a green pool from last year. my cya was low, Anyway i went to walmart and bought some super shock and swim to kill the algae. i used enough to shock according to package (5000) gal.
    Anyway i tested the water and my cc is 3 to 6 and fc is 0. can anyone help with what i should do now? add more shock? I had cleaned what i could but my water is still green after 2 days. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Spring, TX

Re: help with shocking green pool

Please post a full set of results If you are not able to test your local pool store can test. ONLY have them test, but do not buy anything. Here is what we need

FC -
    CC -
    pH -
    CH -
    TA -
    CYA -
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Take a look at How To Shock Your Pool in Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ottawa Canada

Go back to Wallmart and get more chlorine. As captured in POOL SCHOOL GREEN SWAMP, you will need to add a total of roughly 4 times , shock level before the pool is holding FC. The first of four schock batches usually gets all consumed by the algea, hence FC =0.
    20x40 IGP Vinyl, 120,000L
    Hayward sand Filter
    Pentair Intelliflo (19gpm max)
    15 boxes(@4x10) of Enersol Solar Panels(S,E,W), Pentair solar controller
    AutoClear SWG, Kreepy Krawly
    Clear Vinyl Solar Cover, with solar reel, turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparking-oasis-t4147.html