Test Results:
FC - 1.5
CC - 0
TC - 1.5
TA - 60
CH - 120
CYA - 40
pH - 7.2

I am dumping some bleach in the pool when I finish writing this to bring it up to 6 ppm

It appears that the recommended level of TA is 70-90+, 2.7kg Baking soda

I added 2.5 kg, that's all I had left. According to the Pool Calculator that should bring it up to 79 TA. I'll have to go out and grab some more Baking Soda when I re-stock my bleach supply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is off topic, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.

I added my bleach and baking soda yesterday. Today I vacuumed the pool and OMG!!!! The water is sparkling. The heater has the water at 84 degrees and it was my first swim of the season today!

I was admiring the water and I go thinking about shocking the pool. If I was to keep my water in balance as carefully as possible, will I ever need to shock the pool? Or is shocking something thats going to have to happen, but good pool care will decrease the number of times needed to shock each season?

Easto said:
This is off topic, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.

I added my bleach and baking soda yesterday. Today I vacuumed the pool and OMG!!!! The water is sparkling. The heater has the water at 84 degrees and it was my first swim of the season today!
Congratulations! and where is our pic?!!! :lol:

I was admiring the water and I go thinking about shocking the pool. If I was to keep my water in balance as carefully as possible, will I ever need to shock the pool? Or is shocking something thats going to have to happen, but good pool care will decrease the number of times needed to shock each season?
You can keep your pool balanced and not ever need to shock it. We have members (I used to be one :roll:) that have never shocked their pools. Never needed to. I am sure some of them will be around to brag a little before too long! :mrgreen:

We just put in the pool in at the end of last summer, so we don't have any landscaping yet and the grass is a bit of a mess. This is a shot I took standing on the diving rock.

IMG_0439.jpg

The only reason I had to shock my pool recently is:
1. I went out of town for a week
2. The Liquidator scaled on me and stopped feeding FC
3. My buddy watching the house has no idea how to run a pool.

Since then I have:
1. Solved the scaling problem with borates, which has also stabilized my pH and lowered my FC use
2. Raised CYA to 40 to also help FC use

As of now, I do not expect to ever need to shock my pool again! (I don't close my pool for winter, keep the water balanced year round)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.