Bumps in level pool circle???

Mar 18, 2011
Macomb, IL
Poolprep5bumps.jpg

The ground work for install has been started. We've leveled the circle, but now have bumps in the circle, which I'm sure we'll feel through the pool bottom. Will this effect the liner? Any suggestions? The ground has been slightly damp. A tiller was used to cut down to level and now we have tiller bumps? The natives (my son mostly) is dieing to set up the liner, but I don't want to rush to that point without the prep work being just right.

BTW, did I load the picture right?

I fixed the image tag for you.
Like MArk said, get a plate compactor and smooth it out really well before setting the pool on it. If you don't have access to a plate vibrator you cna use a plate tamp. It's more manual work but will smooth it out a lot. The big box stores sells those.

I would just like to add since I leveled out my area with a tiller as well and had to go back and re-level. Wish I had just used a sod cutter since I made more work for myself. Thought it was a good idea at the the though...LoL Since the tiller makes the ground soft deeper then you need it to be in areas. It would be a good idea to compact it like suggested but also spray it down and tamper it, let it sit and do this about 3 times so the pool doesn't settle in the softer ground and its nice and compacted after set up and it's been filled. Even with having the blocks under the legs it will do this. I added cushion sand under mine and tamper it down real good a couple times while spraying it. Now it is perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.