Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bumps in level pool circle???

1. Back To Top    #1

Bumps in level pool circle???

The ground work for install has been started. We've leveled the circle, but now have bumps in the circle, which I'm sure we'll feel through the pool bottom. Will this effect the liner? Any suggestions? The ground has been slightly damp. A tiller was used to cut down to level and now we have tiller bumps? The natives (my son mostly) is dieing to set up the liner, but I don't want to rush to that point without the prep work being just right.

BTW, did I load the picture right?
    Jin_1626
    Owner of Intex Ultra Metal Frame 24x52 AGP! Had the 2500gph cartridge filter it came with in 2011 and upgraded to the 2650 Sand Filter in 2012! Before that, had the Intex Easy Set 5,500 gal, 18' x 4', AG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bumps in level pool circle???

Don't rush the install. I would get a plate compactor and go over the area and flatten it out. The bumps you have won't hurt the liner but won't feel smooth when your in the pool. Congrats on the bigger pool.

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

3. Back To Top    #3

I fixed the image tag for you.
    Like MArk said, get a plate compactor and smooth it out really well before setting the pool on it. If you don't have access to a plate vibrator you cna use a plate tamp. It's more manual work but will smooth it out a lot. The big box stores sells those.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I would just like to add since I leveled out my area with a tiller as well and had to go back and re-level. Wish I had just used a sod cutter since I made more work for myself. Thought it was a good idea at the the though...LoL Since the tiller makes the ground soft deeper then you need it to be in areas. It would be a good idea to compact it like suggested but also spray it down and tamper it, let it sit and do this about 3 times so the pool doesn't settle in the softer ground and its nice and compacted after set up and it's been filled. Even with having the blocks under the legs it will do this. I added cushion sand under mine and tamper it down real good a couple times while spraying it. Now it is perfect.
    Intex Ultra-Frame 18x52
    Intex Sand/Salt Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd like an update with photos on this install please. Especially with closeups of the legs. Are you swimming yet?
    victoria
    16' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex 2500 GPH Pump
    Intex SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

No, we have not set it up yet. Stay tuned!
    Jin_1626
    Owner of Intex Ultra Metal Frame 24x52 AGP! Had the 2500gph cartridge filter it came with in 2011 and upgraded to the 2650 Sand Filter in 2012! Before that, had the Intex Easy Set 5,500 gal, 18' x 4', AG