Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oh my pains are forever going with pool store guys!

1. Back To Top    #1

Oh my pains are forever going with pool store guys!

Well hello my friends, we have 4 pool stores near here in France.

1) Discount pool store, the girl has pretty eyes but doesnot know pool from a pipe. That is french joke. The manager allways have no time to help any body.

2) Nice couple started local store, she put her brain on spin cycle some year ago, he is allways gone, proably to get away from her.

3) Another guy in an other village some ways away, he is allways drunk! And he smoke cigarettes too, I hate that. He is take care of my neighbor pool, sometimes he just does not come for months.

4) Reel good pool guy 30 minutes to drive away, he is allways gone for costom pool installations of his customers. His wife is nice but not knows enough.

So you see how my pains are forever with picking some knowledge up.
    Pool-store refugee, Alsace France. AG 5k gal, sand filter, Brominator, pump 15 gpm (3.5 m3 / hour).
    Thanks to you guys we are switching to bleach from the supermarché!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oh my pains are forever going with pool store guys!

Just get yourself a good test kit like the TF-100 and do all your own testing and with the help of the wonderful people here at TFP, you'll be way better off and not waste a year of getting 'Pool Schooled' like what happened to me.
    We had a pool party yesterday and all is very well now without the pool store!
    Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

3. Back To Top    #3

Well my friend I did try to buy that tester kit, but it can not be shiped outside of the America.
    Pool-store refugee, Alsace France. AG 5k gal, sand filter, Brominator, pump 15 gpm (3.5 m3 / hour).
    Thanks to you guys we are switching to bleach from the supermarché!

4. Back To Top    #4

In Europe, Palintest makes some good test kits.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

He's now got the Palintest specific info from this post and contacted them to see if they are available in France.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

i would go with the option number 1 - the girl with the pretty eyes
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

7. Back To Top    #7

That's why you're better off right here... using your own test kit and monitoring everything yourself!

Welcome!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits