Pool Rover Jr. possible transformer problem

Bink

May 29, 2011
Atlanta
I have a Pool Rover Jr. that is about 4 years old. Ran it for the first time yesterday and it was fine. Tried to run it today and nothing happens. It appears to be the transformer as the power comes on, I hit the reset button and after a period of time the light will start switching from the top to bottom every few seconds. The fuse is good and I unplugged the Rover and just powered the transformer up and the same thing happened. I took a tester to the plug for the rover cable on the transformer; there is not any power no matter which light happens to be lit. Anyone out there run into something like this? I hate the have to buy a new transformer if it only needs a part replaced. Have not opened it up yet but plan on doing that as a next step. Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

If the red direction change light it is switching from top to bottom every few seconds, try adjusting the timer to 30secs. If you have the unit w/ the adjustable timer, it is possible you moved the dial by accident :scratch:

Just tried moving the timer, still bounces from light to light....just takes longer for it to start. Shouldn't the test light indicate power at the outlet? It's just a simple AC/DC with test leads that lights up but I get nothing. Does a manual exist for the for the transformer other than the operator manual that comes with the Rover itself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.