Solar Cover

this year I got a solar cover for our pool as it is in partial shade and needs a little omph to warm up. So far I am happy with it, however do I need to do anything differently with a different cover?

Should I take it off periodically during low use to get air, does that matter.

Will it affect the rate at which my chemicals dissipate, exspecially chorline?

Should a I leave it off for a certain amount of time after adding chemicals?

any any other helpful info you have reguarding them :0

Have used one for 11 yrs...I just keep mine on..Pull off when we go swimming..The biggest thing is to keep it on at night..It will keep the evaporation&clorine loss down...Some people on the site will say pull it off when you shock..I just keep mine on..I just pull it back when I make add's at night...I love mine..Keep's alot of trash out of water..

So if my Chlorine is high and I want it to go down to a swimming acceptable level would I need to take the cover off during the day so it take in more sunlight and knocks down my chlorine # faster? Or will it go down just as fast with the solar cover on? I want to keep as much heat in the pool as its not an extremely hot spot we are allready up to 60 degree's which for the crappy weather we have had I am happy that it is going up almost each day..

but with my Chlorine levels approx 30 (pool calculater) as I do not have my good test kit yet on the way and can"t go above 5 on my test...but it is orange/dark orangeish. last year it took forever to get a decrease in my Chlorine, so if I can help it go down by either taking cover off or leaving it on I will.

Not really sure..I would say yes to get it down faster pull the cover back..Keeping it on at night will cut down on heat loss&evaporation..But, I'm not the expert..I just chimed in on yes the Solar Cover does really make a difference..I would not go without one..One I have now is on it's 4th summer..Starting to get a little soft but still good..

I was going to ask the same basic question... I opened a swamp this year (I always open a swamp... I will always open a swamp. I have accepted this now. I am OK with it now).

Last year, during the summer, I noticed that once I started using a solar cover, I pretty much almost stopped using chemicals. (I'm in a fairly cool climate, and the pool isn't heated so it doesn't get used that often). Maybe a cup of bleech every other day.

So, as I was treating the pool while opening, I would wonder if the cover did so well at holding in the chlorine, wouldn't it do well to keep it covered while shocking?

On the other hand, if it's holding in the cholorine, wouldn't it also hold in the chloramines? And if it does, would it really matter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.