Ok quick question. I have an 18,000 gal inground pool. I have a t-15 Hayward cell and I keep my chlorine generator at 10%. That keeps me at 3.5pm with chlorine. My friend suggested that I turn the generator to 15% for a few hours after a heavy swim load to shock it. If I let the generator percentage stay at 15% it will bring my chlorine up to 5ppm.
I was also told not to super chlorinate as it will lower the life expectancy of my generator. Does this seem right by increasing the percentage to shock??