Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4000gph intex pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

4000gph intex pump?

Would the 4000gph intex pump, along with the intex swg be adequate? I have the intex 24'x52" round, and this is our first pool. I don't want to break the bank out of the gate, but don't want green water either. That would also give me more time to figure out a system for the long term.

Thanks for sharing.
    Intex 15x48 metal frame 4,400 gallon AG. Dual stock pump setup using Filbur (A) filters.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: 4000gph intex pump?

4000 gph is 66 gpm. That will be fine for the pool you have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We switched over to that combo last year on a 30' pool and it works great. The only "problem" is the fact the filters are so small so they don't last long, but with a good cleaning they get a few uses before tossing.

4. Back To Top    #4

Wheeler, Ms.

New to the site, but it has really been helpful and also enjoyed reading different topics.
    We have a 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame pool. I am wanting to upgrade my filtering system. I am wondering if the Intex 56681EG (2650 GPH) Saltwater system and sand filter pump set would be large enough to notice a difference. I am running the one that came with the pool, Krystal clear filter pump and a SWG now. It just doesn't seem to move enough water or clean to suit me. We just purchased the pool last summer for our grandsons. It has been years since I have kept one up. I am sure, for my part, the more I learn about upkeep again will be a plus.
    Any thoughts anyone can offer would be great, thanks!
    12,500 Gal, AG 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame ,
    Krystal Clear cartridge filter pump 2,500 gal, and SWG