just double checking

Sep 3, 2009
Hi, I have been an owner for a couple of years now (19,000 gallon, vinyl, SWG, NG heater, Intelliflo pumps). I also have a spillover spa.

This is the first time I have opened the pool myself and I just wanted to check my assumptions with the experts here.

Put the pool back together (jet outlets, stairs, etc) and filled with water. Added 3x 20kg bags of salt to bring it up to a salt level of 3000. Weather has been cloudy for the last few days, no sun at all, and the pool temp is at 72 degrees.

Let it pump for two days solid while aquabot did its thing. Water is crystal clear. Once I saw the jets putting out what looks like .. atomized air? Its very fine air bubbles, not sure what that is about, did it once, hasn't done it again.

Water testing with the taylor 2006 kit reveals the following.

FC=2.5ppm
PH=7.6
TA=80PPM
CH=200
CYA=30ppm

From my understanding the pool is safe to swim for but sanity purposes I need to bring CYA up to 70 minimum or I will be fighting PH. I have added 2Kg of stabilizer and I should wait a couple of days for that to stabilize. As a result of the stabilizer being added (as it dissolves) I need to closely monitor PH as it will probably drop but I can raise PH by turning on the aerators in the spa jets (or stair jets, or both). The rest of the settings look okay(ish) but FC is a little low? Also, testing CYA uses up quite a bit of the chemicals from the taylor kit, are these available separately?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.