Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Venturi tee for aeration on external side of return fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Venturi tee for aeration on external side of return fittings

I'd like to add bubbles to my return jet for aeration but would prefer not to have plumbing in the pool. Does anyone know of any Venturi tees that fit on the external side of return fittings for AGPs? I found many Venturi tees but they all seem to have slip connections which could end up leaking at pressure. I'd like to find one with the proper MPT and FPT.
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Venturi tee for aeration on external side of return fitt

Are you wanting to locate it inside or outside the pool?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Are you wanting to locate it inside or outside the pool?
    Are you 'effing with me Bama?
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

4. Back To Top    #4

Not at all, I can see it working both ways. Oops, I apparently missed the part about 'no plumbing in the pool'. Sorry.

What's wrong with slip connections? Every glued connection is a slip connection.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Not at all, I can see it working both ways. Oops, I apparently missed the part about 'no plumbing in the pool'. Sorry.

What's wrong with slip connections? Every glued connection is a slip connection.
    I kind of just wanted to be able to unscrew the fittings and add the venturi to existing fittings without using glue.