I have an 18" above ground pool with a salt water system. Here in Sc I keep it open all year-letting the pump run during the winter on cooler days. My water has been crystal clear, and the past few days my water has turned green. This is the 2nd year I am running the salt system, I figured with the temperature being in the high 90's, the chlorine level ha been messed up. I have shocked it, let the pump run overnight, without the salt generator running, put algaecide in it, and clarifier in it also. The generator is producing the chlorine when it is running, I can smell it coming out of the pump. Levels of chlorine are not really low, and ph is good. The water looks clear when it is in a container, but green looking in the pool. There are no local pool companies in my area, and although I have had this problem after rain in the past, before I had the salt generator, I have been able to shock it to clear it up. Do you have any suggestions on what I can use to clear my pool up, and what stores my carry them. My children want to go swimming, but I will not let them go in till I have this cleared up...I am really stumped on this one and I have had taken care of a pool for over 40 years! Thanks for any advice!