Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Full Test Results

1. Back To Top    #1

First Full Test Results

CYA=70 (was 90 before vac to waste. Why the drop? Haven't added water back yet.)
    Salt not tested was at about 3400 last time and alarm keeps going off.

Water is cloudy. Had alot of dirt on bottom of pool, vacuum would pick it up, then let it back thru the return, I'm guessing.
    Vacuumed to waste day before yesterday. Was waiting for water to settle and planned to do it again, but Grandkids keep coming. Still want/need to do it and add water back.

I need to change my profile info. I am now using Intex Klear Water SWG. It hasn't been clear since I hooked it up in late March.

Pool Calculator tells me to drop my PH to 7.0 to 7.2 with MA. Then raise with Grandkids splashing
    When I finish vacuuming to waste and refill the pool, that will lower my salt and CYA more, correct?
    I think something is slowly brewing in my little pool. Any suggestions very much appreciated.
    AGP, POPUP, 3800GAL. SWG 2000 GPH pump. Over the wall skimmer. SE TX. NEWBIE

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: First Full Test Results

Only water removal and replacement will lower the CYA and salt.

Your CC of 1 says you need to shock the pool and the fact that it's cloudy confirms it. Get a bunch of bleach and start shocking.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you.
    AGP, POPUP, 3800GAL. SWG 2000 GPH pump. Over the wall skimmer. SE TX. NEWBIE

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Before shocking with bleach, you will need to lower your pH. 8.2 is too high. Add enough acid to lower it to to a pH of 7.2 to 7.4. Use the Pool Calculator to calculate your dosage.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT