Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Way to ADD water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Way to ADD water?

Not sure where to put this since I'm not new around here but ... .

The question of the day:

What's the best way to ADD new water. I have an small SPLASHER type ABOVE GROUND pool so usually I just stick the hose in it - set a timer and pray I remember that when the timer goes off what the bell means! Was that for the oven? The washing machine? OH the POOL water!

So today I was adding water but it's a kinda nice day and I felt that standing by the edge and holding the hose and adding water was a relaxing zen type activitiy for me this morning. I'm sure some of you totally understand that 'moment.'

BUT - as I was adding water - I had the pressure nozzle I use for cleaning the filter still on the hose - and found I was making quite a lot of BUBBLES as the hose water shot into the pool water. Now, is this a good thing or bad. I figured I'm adding OXYGEN but does that FEED the Algae? Does it help in anyway or hurt my efforts? It is quite fun and calming but I would give that up if it's going to cause more problems down the line.

What do you think?

9x17 AG Vinyl "SPLASHER" w/outside struts (7/04), thru the wall skimmer & return, C900 Hayward Cartridge Filter (3/08), 1 hp Hayward Power-Flo II pump (4/09), Wanda Whale auto cleaner (3/07), new Wanda shoes (6/09), VinylWorks A Frame Step Ladder Entry System w/Gate (5/06), 5-1gal gravel-filled jugs hung w/ zip ties under steps to stop steps from floating, 1-3" TAB FLOAT under stairs (empty), More noodles, floats, and toys than allowed in any 9x17 sized pool!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Best Way to ADD water?

Just gonna raise the PH is all.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Bubbles are fine. They might raise the PH just a little, not a big deal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Allen, TX

Best Way to ADD water?

Buy a cheap faucet sprinkler timer so that it goes off on it's own just in case you forget!!
    Deep in the Heart......errrr HEAT of Texas
    20k gallon gunite formal

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

If the fill water has high TA, you're actually getting a jump start on balancing it by aerating as you fill!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!