Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which gasket where?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which gasket where?

Hi all,

spring has finally sprung here in the northeast and its time to open the pool
    due to some winter damage i needed to replace the return fitting on my pool and hence why i'm here with a question.

as you can see in the pic the fitting (the old one) has 3 gaskets, 2 rubber and 1 cork.

the original pool installer had them as follows: from the inside, rubber > liner > pool wall > rubber > cork
    this didn't seem right to me so i put them: again from the inside, rubber > liner > rubber > pool wall > cork

now i'm not so sure i did it right what do you all think??

15'x30'x52" AGP 12000 gallons, 150lb hayward pro-series sand filter, 1 hp hayward power-flo matrix pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Which gasket where?

There have been a few discussions about the prder of return fitting gaskets and my personal opinion is that you have it right.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which gasket where?

I did some looking around myself, and found this:

Return Nozzle > Rubber > Liner > Wall > Rubber > Cork > Nut
    17K saltwater, freeform pebbletec with spa; Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar 2.4HP 2-speed pump, Hayward H400 heater. Hayward T-CELL-15 salt cell.