Can I clean a cartridge filter using Oxyclean?

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
We have 2 cartridge filters so that while cleaning one, the other can go right back in and keep working. My question is this:
Will there be damage to the filter media if I soak it in some water with Oxyclean? Would there be a different way to use the Oxyclean if indeed it is safe to use on the cartridge?

One of the cartridges is looking pretty grey these days even though clear water runs out once all the gunk is rinsed out using the hose.

The actual pool water looks good, but when I open the filter housing, the water is not so good looking, kinda the same grey color as the filter :shock:

You can use it, but it won't help anything other than the appearance very much. The best way to clean a cartridge filter is to soak overnight in a mixture of one cup of automatic disk washer detergent for every five gallons of water, then rinse throughly and replace in the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.