Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: whisperflo 26-c motor replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

whisperflo 26-c motor replacement

Hello all, noob here. I searched the forums, but I didn't find anything with a similar subject matter.
    I have a 25,000 gallon double bean in-ground pool with a 1.5hp whisperflo pump. The motor has gone bad, and I was wondering if anyone knew whether it would work to replace a 1.5hp motor with a 1hp motor. (To make a long story short, my idiot ex-stepfather bought too big of a pump for our sand filter in the first place). In the owner's manual it lists a 1hp replacement pump, but I'm not sure if the manual was a 'one size fits all' manual, or equipment specific.
    We just pulled the cover off and we were hoping to have the pool ready for a graduation party next Sunday. I highly doubt we will make that deadline, but you never know.

Thanks in advance....

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: whisperflo 26-c motor replacement

Welcome to TFP!

The manual is a one size fits all manual.

You don't want to get a motor that is smaller than the impeller that you have. You can either replace both the motor and the impeller, or you can get a two speed 1 1/2 HP motor and run it on low speed most of the time.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: whisperflo 26-c motor replacement

OK, thank you for the quick reply!
    I think we're just going to go ahead and get a new pump.
    Have a great weekend!