Opening Pool...Day 25, Work Your Magic ProTeam's MM

Re: Opening Pool...Day 22, How long is it safe to shock?

Great news on your pool holding overnight! :cheers:

RobbieH said:
Is the water cloudy at all, or sparkly clear but tinted?

It doesn't look cloudy to me. What would you say? I'm so frustrated! I just came back from the pool store and 0 copper and 0 iron......now I'm even more confused. :?

Attachments

• pool day 24.jpg
    pool day 24.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 68

That looks very clear but tinted green. Usually that means metals in the water. The metals won't always show up on the test, as when they are tinting the water green they are in microscopic crystals instead of dissolved in the water.

A startup dose of metal sequestrant should clear up the color quickly. Sometimes allowing the FC level to come back down to normal and lowering the PH slightly is enough to get rid of the green color.

Pool looks all sparkly....FC held again last night and 0 CC's, so going ahead with the metal treatment. Added 43 oz. ProTeam's Metal Magic (hope that was correct dosage). Let's hope that takes care of it! Had to go back to the pool store today since they talked me out of buying it yesterday and there was another customer having the same problem, seems to be alot of that going around this season or so says the pool store. Wish me luck!

FC 10 (falling, was 15 early this morning)
pH 7.5

Attachments

• pool day 25.jpg
    pool day 25.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 54
BBailey said:
wow, nice looking, been swimming yet? :cheers:

Unfortunately, no. :( The girls asked me last night if it was clear his morning, could they swim today and I said yes.......wasn't until this morning when dh reminded me the steps need to be put back in first that I realized they're going to have to wait. :hammer: It's not something I can do by myself. I'm planning to try Robins Airman's method of attachment to the deck and ballasts since we have the same set of steps. Have to run to Lowes to get the materials for the ballasts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still looking good! Have been enjoying it for a few weeks now.....only problem I have now is the water is too warm! I want to be cooled off if I'm swimming in this heat. It's great for nighttime, but not so much in the daytime.

Attachments

• july12.jpg
    july12.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.