bleach vs liq. shock

greif

Jul 5, 2010
hi

around here I can get 1.5gals of 6% bleach for $2.5 or 1 gal of 12.5% shock for $4. Do the numbers it looks like shock is a little cheaper, do the sock have anything in that is bad as it does not have an ingredents label

thanks
gary

It is identical except for the strength. Use it if it works out cheaper....there is nothing bad in it.

FWIW, "Shock" is a process you do to your pool and is not a product.....pool stores will usually tell you otherwise.

You can't buy "shock" but you can shock your pool. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.
think I will go with the "shock" labeled becuase of less bottles to handle, yes kind of funny how they call the product that but it is actually a process

thanks
gary

I've seen the yellow colored "shock" that is 10% and the other 90% is "other ingredients," I know it would be bad business to put 90% water, but just to be clear there isn't usually anything other than chlorine and water, right?

greif said:
hi

around here I can get 1.5gals of 6% bleach for $2.5 or 1 gal of 12.5% shock for $4. Do the numbers it looks like shock is a little cheaper, do the sock have anything in that is bad as it does not have an ingredents label

thanks
gary

Where are you able to buy a gallon of 12.5% for that price??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.