Almost a newbie, test results

supertune

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2011
Clearwater, FL.
Hi,
1st off I want to thank all of the people that run and help here at TFP!
I had to become a lifetime member as the thought of NOT having this forum to help me was frightening.
I bought a cheap Intex 15X48 beginning last year and got pool stored all season, did nothing but spend $$ and chase problems (they had me at 5575 gals -way over! more like 4350 with the help of this site).

Didn't know about the TPS kit discount first as I was so excited to get one and get my testing started!
With the mindset of not going through all the Crud last season started with a total fresh fill.
Being too excited I didn't comprehend a lot about the relationship with CYA and FC and lost it to algae bloom 3 weeks in.
With a lot of reading and slowing down to make sure I learn more from here and not do this again. I went for about 4-5 days with LC (for shock only, 12.5%) starting at 22 swinging down to 16 ppm (while at work) and getting my cya level up added with lots of vacuuming and brushing.
I have what I think are pretty good test results other than the FC too high coming down from shock. I was a little high during shocking but the blistering heat (90's), constant sun, and algae was really using my FC up as I was gone to work 9-10 hours during the day.
My overnight FC loss test was 1PPM (19 to 18) and started with 0 CC and still have 0 CC.

5/28/11 8:15am

FC: 18
CC: 0
PH: 7.4
TA: 100
CH: 260
CYA: 38-40
Temp: 84F
Water has just a little haze, but clear enough to see the small folds in the vinyl floor (not a perfect self install) on the bottom.
Any advice needed? I'll also want to use Borates of 40-50 when I have a good track record in a couple of weeks of perfect pool. I want that 'SPARKLE' back!

Now looking for advice to upgrade a pump/filter system that hopefully not cost as much as the pool itself cost? Any idea's as I can make just about anything hook up and work as I'm a mechanic/machinist by trade.

One trick I used was to buy 3 filters and wash and change them 2-3 times a day, with storing them in a bucket of chlorine at 35-40 ppm mix, as I deathly afraid of reintroducing any algae to the pool by reusing washed filters.
Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.