We just bought a house that has a 16x32 inground pool. I have been trying since last Tuesday to get it ready for the kids to swim in. After removing the winter cover, I put in 10L of liquid chlorine, have been running the filter continuously and the inline chlorinator has been turned OFF but my chlorine level is still over 10ppm. I dumped an entire bottle of Terminator chlorine remover and it is probably down to around 7ppm now. I have kept the solar blanket off but the weather here in Southern Ontario has been dismal and overcast with rain..so no sun to burn off any chlorine.
In addition to my chlorine problems, I can't get the pool to heat up. I have a gas heater and was told it would heat up 1 degree per hour, but the **** thing keeps turning off overnight...I have been trying to heat it for three days and am only at 70 degrees.
I never thought owning a pool would be so frustrating. I have four little kids chomping at the bit to get into this thing (regardless of the overcast skies!)...I told them Saturday afternoon at the latest, but here we are and I don't know what to do.
Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.