Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green light not working on Intex SWCG

1. Back To Top    #1

Green light not working on Intex SWCG

The green light has stopped working on my Intex SWCG. It is a 2008 or earlier model. It appears to still be working correctly since it is still creating bubbles and code 93 is displayed at the end of the cycle. Is there any way to test it other than just monitoring the chlorine level?
    18'x48" Intex metal frame pool, 1600 Intex sand filer/pump combo, Intex SWCG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green light not working on Intex SWCG

It sounds like the unit is still doing it's job, the light just went out. Like you said, just keeping an eye on the chlorine levels will tell you if it's still working
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Just to follow up in case someone else has this problem. It appears to be just a bad light. Chlorine is definitely being produced. It has been nearly a week and chlorine level is still holding solid. I will continue to monitor it.

4. Back To Top    #4

12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine did that once and was fine the next day. I have 2 model 2009 units and just finished modifying both with Blue LEDs for chlor, and amber LEDs for sleep. At night i sometimes look out the bathroom window on the 2nd floor to see if the unit is working, from the distance I can't see the OEM green LED, and the sleep OEM red LED couldn't be diserned from the red fault lights. Now its easy to tell at any distance. I have pics of the mod and finished results. All pics are 7.1MP (limit hear 256k) so if anyone has an easy idea for sharing with the group I'm all ears.

I never saw bad soldering inside soo i don't know why my OEM green LED failed that one day then came back to life.
    20,000 gal. 32' x 17' freeform custom pool, 3ft. shallow - 8ft. deep end, Pentair Whisper flow 2.2 HP WF-6, Purex/Triton Nautilus FNS48 DE filter, 2 Intex Chlorine Generators (retired) SR Smith Rouge Rapids curved slide, The Pool Cleaner 4-wheel model w/Hayward large leaf canister. Tightwatt pool timer Spa: Beachport 5 person/350gal. Wishlist: move Neiko Tools pump to slide, solar system, Fountain, Automation. http://www.poolcalculator.com/

6. Back To Top    #6

I would like to see those pictures. You can post them to something like photobucket or skydrive and post a link here. Another option is to resize the photos so they will be less than 256k.