yes... another cloudy pool

May 27, 2011
ok so here goes. last year was my first time opening the pool and it took about 6 weeks to get clear. This year I opened and got everything looking pretty good except it is cloudy and has been for about 5 days now. Due to all of the recommendations on here I just got the Taylor k-2006 kit and it says...
cc 4.6
ph 7.6
cya 16
ta 80

thanks for any input given :hammer:

Use boost to do what exactly? You don't want to use boost to shock, if that is what you are asking. But then you haven't said enough for us to know why you might want to shock.

Your CYA level is way to low for use with a SWG. Long term you want CYA around 70 to 80. But hold off on raising CYA very much until the water is clear.

I'm not sure how you are getting the numbers your are reporting with the K-2006.

That said, it appears to me you need a lot more chlorine to clear your pool. Save your money on the algaecide.....it's not helping much.

Reading Pool School on How to Shock your Pool would be very helpful.

ok. added chlorine and just re-tested. here are the results.

FC- 7.2 with no chlorine present. Did I do this correctly?
PH- 7.7
TA- 110
TH- no test. missing a reagent
Shouldnt the FC have lowered after adding chlorine?

You've got some abbreviations confused...

FC - free chlorine
TC - Total chlorine
CC - combined chloramines
CH - calcium hardness
CYA- Cyanuric Acid
pH - pH

Can you post these corrected results?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
FC is free chlorine, ie how much chlorine is in the pool. When you add chlorine, the free chlorine level goes up.

Does that translate to me needing to maintain a high level of FC until the pool clears and then allow the Intellichlor to maintain from then on?

ok. I think Im on the path to starting to understand this chemistry now... lol. I have been reading and reading everything on this site and love all of the great info. Now I just have to put it all to the water over the wknd and see how I do. Thanks for all of the input and I will keep informed.

:handshake:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.