Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My New Pool Test Results

1. Back To Top    #1

My New Pool Test Results

Haven't been able to buy the testing kit yet, but have been using a local pool store that is actually quite good and doesn't recommend purchasing things you don't need. I do plan to buy the testing kit though.

Here were the results I got today:

FC 3.4
    TC 3.8
    CC 0.4
    PH 7.8
    CH 300
    Alkalinity 80
    CYA 35
    Salt 2600

My pool is 15300 gallons. They recommended only to reduce ph levels and add salt. I still had some ph reducer left and it instructs to add 640g of PH reducer in 3 equal treatments (640/3) spread out by 8 hoursand to add 1 bag of salt (52lbs)

Any thoughts or feedback? They did say chlorine was too high so I lowered my chlorinator percentage to 25% until it gets to more normalized levels.

27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: My New Pool Test Results

Since you already have the "pH reducer", use it. I concur with the pool store's advice.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: My New Pool Test Results

Adding a little salt is obviously a good idea, and lowering PH is fine though there is no rush on that.

With a SWG I would raise CYA to between 70 and 80. That will allow the SWG to run significantly less, increasing it's lifetime. That will also reduce the PH drift you are no doubt experiencing. Hayward recommends CYA be at 80.

If that CC level is correct, which I kind of doubt, it indicates a relatively minor problem of some kind. Very few of the tests that report FC and TC to tenths are actually any where near precise enough to have the tenths mean anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School