Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Projecting a budget

1. Back To Top    #1

Double Oak, TX

Projecting a budget

I shifted to BBB late last fall. My CYA was so out of whack after 10 years of of tablets that I had tio drain the pool & start over. So far BBB has been a very positive experience for water maintenance.

Now I am entering peak season. My pool stays in bright sun 80% of the day. I have 35K gallon in ground pool. I'm starting to wonder how Clorox per week I am going to use to keep my pool chlorinated. I'm using 6% Clorox I buy from Sam's. Any veterans of several seasons worth of BBB care to offer me a guesstimate of weekly Clorox use? Since early spring I have been using 3-4 gallons a week.

35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Projecting a budget

I also have a 35000 gallon pool that is in the sun from sun up to almost sun down. Last year I went through 2-4 182 ounce bleach jugs a week depending on bather load. I used maybe 2 gallons of muriatic all summer and that was it. Good luck!
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Chlorine usage in mid summer when everything is working well should be between 1 and 2 ppm per day, often closer to 2. In your pool that works out to up to about 8 gallons of 6% bleach per week. Chlorine usage will be lower in the spring and fall, as you are seeing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    between 1 and 2 ppm per day, often closer to 2.
    Is that assuming no use? (0 bather load)
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]