using a roof rake telescopic pole for pool

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
hi, the previous owner gave us their telescopic pole, but it has a cracked locking system, so we have had to duct tape it in the extended position (around 20 ft, i think). I've emailed Skimlite a few times about buying the appropriate piece and at first he said it was easy.. then i told him there's no way to easily remove the old pieces and then he tells me i actually have to cut off the part of the pole , etc.. seems pretty complicated for an "easy" replacement.

We have a roof rake and i found that it is the same diameter and has the same 1/4' holes as the pool pole.. I also realized that the locking mechanism on the roof rake actually says "Swim Time" on it, which makes me think it should be fine for the pool.. was wondering if anyone tried this or had any thoughts on what I should be concerned about? it seems as sturdy as our skimlite pole.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.