Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: using a roof rake telescopic pole for pool

1. Back To Top    #1

using a roof rake telescopic pole for pool

hi, the previous owner gave us their telescopic pole, but it has a cracked locking system, so we have had to duct tape it in the extended position (around 20 ft, i think). I've emailed Skimlite a few times about buying the appropriate piece and at first he said it was easy.. then i told him there's no way to easily remove the old pieces and then he tells me i actually have to cut off the part of the pole , etc.. seems pretty complicated for an "easy" replacement.

We have a roof rake and i found that it is the same diameter and has the same 1/4' holes as the pool pole.. I also realized that the locking mechanism on the roof rake actually says "Swim Time" on it, which makes me think it should be fine for the pool.. was wondering if anyone tried this or had any thoughts on what I should be concerned about? it seems as sturdy as our skimlite pole.

25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: using a roof rake telescopic pole for pool

Sounds to me like it would work.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden