New SWCG works great!

ultra800_96

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2009
Pomeroy, Iowa
Update from my original thread in the Liquidator forum...http://www.troublefreepool.com/deciding-to-automate-a-bit-liquidator-or-swg-t30927.html

I decided with help from the good people on here to go with the SWCG. I spent a few bucks more over the Intex for the adjustability of the percentage as well as pump timing & bought an Aquatrol RJ unit. I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. I'm coming down off of a clean up situation due to no cover last fall/winter, & now the water is a nice blue and I'm gaining a few inches/day of clarity. Currently the last 4 days since I started it up, I'm still running the pump 24/7 till I'm completely clear, with the Aquatrol at 50% and it has maintained 10-11 fc perfectly with no problems.

I have some work to do yet on T/A reduction & getting my CYA from 50 to 70 or so, but I want to wait for the CYA till I'm completely clear & no snags. Then I'll start the pump timing & dial in the percentage.

A couple questions..The initial display gives me a salt reading of 3200 (I'm assuming this is an average reading?), & cycling through the temp etc, it gives me an instantaneous (?)salt reading varying from 2700 to 3000 different times when I've looked. I'm thinking I should up the salt a bit? And, which reading should I go by? 3200 is optimum, according to the manual & the salt water chemistry tables on this site say 100-200 above that.

Thanks for the previous advice, & I'd appreciate some experienced input & any tips & tricks. Otherwise, it's something I should have installed years ago. I'm really liking this thing already.
Dave

If nothing unusual has been happening recently (salt additions, cables disconnected, etc) then the main reading is the most reliable one. The main reading is averaged over the last 24 hours and corrects for some of the natural variability in the instant reading.

You could up the salt level just a hair, but I'd wait till it got a little lower before doing that.

Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I checked the salt initially with a strip prior to adding, it was 840, used the calculator to take me up to 2800, which is exactly what my level tested by the Aquatrol once things stabilized. Then I decided, well, if it was that accurate, lets go all the way to 3200. I haven't checked it with a strip since, but according to the reading, the Pool Calculator hit it spot on. What a wonderful, accurate & extremely useful tool us pool owners have access to!!! Along with my new SpeediStir & Aquatrol, I'm pretty excited for the season this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.